Perfectly located within walking distance to the center of Laren and overlooking the Laren mill is this listed detached thatched cottage-style villa. The property benefits to large private mature gardens ecompasing the villa to all sides, there is also a gated courtyard to the front with off street parking for two vehicles. The villa was originally constructed in 1911 with Dutch sculptor Mendes Da Costa commissioning acrhitect Alexander Kropholler to design the property, the addition of a second workshop/studio took place in 1916.
* Entrance with vestibule, hall, cloakroom, spacious bathroom and beautiful main staircase
* Kitchen with intergrated appliances
* Spacious living room with fireplace and patio doors to terrace and garden
* Work room with gas fireplace and beautiful windows workshop
* Laundry room with chute, sauna and 2nd toilet, 2nd staircase to 1st floor
* Passage to spacious sitting / bedroom also with French doors to the terrace and garden
* The entire ground floor has a parquet flooring throughout.
* Platformed staircase to 1st floor landing.
* Spacious master bedroom with built in closets and spacious en suite bathroom.
* 2nd bedroom and 3rd bedroom with access to the attic (20m2)
* 2nd bathroom including bathtub, sink and toilet.
* 4th bedroom and 5th bedroom with stairs to mezzanine play / sleeping area.
* Monumental villa built by the artist Mendes Da Costa
* Beautiful tall studio windows allowing plenty of light into the house
* Sunny mature garden with lots of privacy
* Ideally located near the village of Laren
The garden is beautifully landscaped with several terraces and equipped with a sprinkler system. This attractive property is ideal for a larger family, two families, families with au pair or home office.
Living area: 320m2
Other indoor space: 41m2
Lot Size: 14 acres 64 ca
Sale € 1.695.000
CONTACT OURENDEAVOUR FOR FURTHER DETAILS